Analyzes data and information to identify member knowledge needs in the spine content area based on industry/healthcare data, market information, and Academy product/program evaluation, membership evaluation and survey results. Recommendations regarding the ongoing projects and new educational needs and products will be shared with the Council on Education Oversight Group bi-annually. New products/programs will be recommended based on their perceived value to the orthopaedic community in the spine content area. Engages in content development and review of ongoing products or programs. In conjunction with Academy staff, implements and executes the development plan approved by the Oversight Group in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education.
- Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Works with the Content Team to analyze data, market information to identify gaps in the Education Portfolio and potential solutions to fill those gaps within the spine content area. Prioritize content areas for final recommendations to be made to the Group.
- Understands and facilitates bi-directional communication regarding the educational landscape with key specialty societies and meets with potential partners to discuss content needs, gaps, and opportunities for key target audiences.
- Works with Content Team to define learning activities and reviews the resultant content according to the project plan during product/activity development and at completion.
- Reevaluates the relevance of content development and priorities to the Education Portfolio bi-annually for the Oversight Group.
- Monitor content domain taxonomy to ensure accuracy.
- Peer reviews Orthopaedic Video Theater user-submitted content in the spine content area. During assigned month, reviews are expected to be performed within 48-72 hours of video submissions.
- Implements approved projects from the Oversight Group working with the expertise of Academy staff to utilize the best methods, techniques, business models and technologies for developing learning solutions.
- Identify candidates for Medical Editorship (project leads) and subject matter experts to work on development projects for the Oversight Group.
Reports to the Council on Education
Content Committee Chair
Deputy Editor of JAAOS (for the spine content area)
Education Assessments & Examinations Committee chair for the spine content area
Specialty Society Liaison(s) (slotted positions approved by the CAP)
One liaison representing the Program Committee or Instructional Course Committee for the spine content area
Term of Office
For content committee chairs, one (1) two (2) year term; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For chair designee, one (1) year term (to overlap during last year of current chair)
For member-at-large, one (1) two (2) year term, eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For the following roles, member will serve the term that coincides with their committee position.
- Deputy Editor of JAAOS for the content area
- Evaluation Committee chair for the content area
- Liaison representing the Program Committee or Instructional Courses Committee liaison for the content area
For specialty society liaison, one (1) year term, eligible for reappointment on an annual basis as recommended by the specialty society.
Staff Liaison (title)
Coordinator, Education Content Strategy and Portfolio Management
Last updated: 3/11/19