The purpose of the Membership Council is to identify, anticipate, and articulate members’ needs and provide oversight and support for the development of strategies to ensure a personalized and seamless member experience, as well as support improvements in the acquisition, engagement, and retention of members.
- Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives, and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Review and approval of measures and metrics for member acquisition & retention
- Recommend policies and changes regarding membership categories, dues, and benefits in support of the strategic plan
- Monitor professional needs assessment and satisfaction and recommend enhancements
- Monitor membership benefits and services and work with relevant committees and councils to enhance or revise member value proposition as needed
- Oversee acquisition and retention of members consistent with the bylaws and related policies and procedures
- Oversee support for member communities and special interest groups
- Monitor and oversee the member application process consistent with the bylaws and related policies and procedures
- With respect to membership categories and related processes make recommendations to the Governance Committee on needed amendments, updates and revisions
- Exercise oversight of membership marketing strategy.
Reports to the Board of Directors
One (1) Candidate Member
Three (3) Member-at-Large
Chair, International Committee
Chair, Diversity Advisory Board
Chair, Communications Committee
Chair, Resident Assembly
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
Last updated : 5-29-19