Manage the affairs of the Academy and the Association, set policy, determine and continually reassess the Strategic Plan and select and evaluate the Chief Executive Officer.
- Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Act consistent with Article VIII of the Academy Bylaws and Article XIII of the Association Bylaws.
- Manage the affairs of and ensure that there are resources to support the activities of the Academy and the Association.
- Discharge fiduciary responsibilities on behalf of the Academy and the Association, directing the Finance Committee, as necessary, in budget development and investment planning and execution.
- Establish the policies for the Academy and the Association.
- Employ and evaluate the Chief Executive Officer.
Reports to the Fellowship
Four (4) Officers (President, First Vice-President, Second Vice-President, Treasurer)
One (1) Past President
Four (4) Members at Large [Two (2) under age 45; one (1) age 45 or older, one (1) of no age designation]
Three (3) Officers of the Board of Councilors
Three (3) Officers of Board of Specialty Societies
One (1) Lay Member
Ex-officio (without vote): Treasurer Elect
Ex-officio (without vote): Chief Executive Officer
Term of Office
Terms of office are as described in the Academy and Association Bylaws, with the exception of the officers of the Board of Councilors and Board of Specialty Societies who are elected by those bodies for specific terms.
Staff Liaison (title)
Chief Executive Officer
Last updated: 05/31/06