AAOS Leadership Institute (ALI) - Level 2
ALI Level 2 offers more access, learning, and knowledge of AAOS governance and provides an excellent foundation in personal leadership skills. A blend of online learning modules and webinars cover a range of topics including AAOS strategic planning, commitment to diversity, excellent communication, and creative and visionary thinking.
Level 2 also offers you opportunities to learn through informal mentoring with AAOS volunteer leaders. Connect with experienced AAOS volunteers via email to learn more about committee involvement, other ways to engage with the Academy, and career paths.
Online Learning Modules
- AAOS Governance 101
- Strategic Thinking
- Creative & Visionary Thinking
- Excellent Communication
- Getting Involved in Advocacy
- Strategic Thinking 101 - Alexander Vaccaro, MD, MBA, PhD, FAAOS
May 19, 2021, 7 p.m. Central
- Getting Involved In Advocacy/PAC - Daniel K. Guy, MD, FAAOS
August 3, 2021, 7 p.m. Central
Learn by Experience
- Informal Mentoring: Access a panel of experienced AAOS volunteer leaders for in-depth knowledge and information
- Annual Meeting attendance and networking opportunities
Prerequisites for ALI Level 2 Participation
To be eligible for Level 2 you must complete ALI Level 1.
As ALI evolves over the next year, completing ALI Level 2 will become a prerequisite for applying for AAOS committee service.
- Complete all online learning modules
- Attend three of six live webinars
- Attend AAOS Annual Meeting once every two years
Each level of the ALI Program is a prerequisite to serve at a higher level of governance. Members who are serving or have served in governance positions may be exempt from some ALI program levels. Exemption eligibility is determined by specific guidelines.
Members will be informed through email whether they are exempt from any portion of the program. For specific information regarding your exemption eligibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.