AAOS Leadership Institute® (ALI) - Level 3
The curriculum for ALI Level 3 focuses on providing you with the knowledge and skills that are critical to becoming a strong AAOS committee chair. In addition to online learning modules and webinars, participants benefit from formal one-to-one mentoring with a longstanding AAOS volunteer leader.
Each year, 20 AAOS members will have the opportunity to participate in Level 3. This level is by application-only for members who have completed all components of ALI Level 2, including the prerequisite experience and service. Candidates will need to apply and be selected through the Committee Appointment Program (CAP) process. Please monitor the CAP in mid-summer for the opportunity to apply.
The current Level 3 Class is completing a term from March 28, 2022 to March 10, 2023.
Online Learning Modules
- Effective Meetings
- Difficult Conversations
- Transformational Leadership
- Financial Acumen
- Effective Meetings - June 28, 2022, 7:15 p.m. Central
- Difficult Conversations - August 9, 2022, 7:15 p.m. Central
- Transformational Leadership - October 11, 2022, 7:15 p.m. Central
- Financial Acumen - December 13, 2022, 7:15 p.m. Central
- Diversity - January 24, 2023, 7:15 p.m. Central
- Innovation - February 21, 2023, 7:15 p.m. Central
Learn by Experience
- Formal one-to-one mentoring program
- Annual Meeting attendance and networking
- Service on an AAOS volunteer committee
Prerequisites for ALI Level 3 Participation
To be eligible to apply for Level 3 you must:
- Complete ALI Level 2 or be eligible for exemption
- Complete two years of committee service in the last five years
As ALI evolves over the next few years, completing Level 3 will become a prerequisite for applying for an AAOS committee chair position.
- Complete all online modules
- Attend five of six live webinars
- Attend AAOS Annual Meeting two of the last three years
- Complete four total years of committee service
- Be listed as a CAP application reference
- Be available as an ALI Level 2 informal mentor
Each level of the ALI Program is a prerequisite to serve at a higher level of governance. Members who are serving or have served in governance positions may be exempt from some ALI program levels. Exemption eligibility is determined by specific guidelines.
Members will be informed through email whether they are exempt from any portion of the program. For specific information regarding your exemption eligibility, please contact email@example.com.