Orthopaedic Advocacy Week
The theme for the 2022 OrthoPAC Day of Giving was “Get Invested.” The PAC successfully raised over $113,000 from 343 contributors. To encourage additional support, and thank members who already made a commitment, OrthoPAC offered two exciting benefits as part of Orthopaedic Advocacy Week.
Winner's Choice Sweepstakes
The Winner’s Choice Sweepstakes comprised three categories: $5,000 contributors, $1,000 contributors, and $100 for active fellows and $25 for residents. All members who contributed to OrthoPAC between January 1 and August 7 were automatically entered to win an exciting prize. Congratulations to this year's sweepstakes winners:
- $5,000 Level: Duncan Ackerman
- $1,000 Level: Michael Gish
- $100 Level: Domenic Scalamogna
- $25 Level (Resident Only): Mitchell Ng
The OrthoPAC also offered a PAC Match Benefit so that new contributors could double the impact of their donations. By joining the PAC and supporting the profession, members also gave back to the community. OrthoPAC matched donations with a contribution to a 501c3 charity of choice. The PAC raised $25,000 for 33 charities this year.
Charities Given To...
- Action for Education
- ALS Association
- American Foundation for Surgery of the Hand
- AOAO Foundation
- American Red Cross
- ASES Foundation
- Atlanta Community Food Bank
- Disabled American Veterans
- Doctors Without Borders
- Folds of Honor
- Hummingbird Effort Foundation
- Japanese American National Museum
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- The Nature Conservancy
- Nth Dimensions Educational Solutions
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- Pediatric Cancer Foundation
- Pediatric Orthopedic Project, Inc.
- Sanford Health Foundation
- Save the Children
- St. Joseph's Indian School
- Southeast Missouri University Foundation
- St. Jude
- The Resurgens Charitable Foundation
- World Wildlife Fund
About the Orthopaedic PAC
Many aspects of orthopaedic practice are affected by decisions made in Washington, D.C. The Orthopaedic PAC's (OrthoPAC's) main priority is to give surgeons a voice in these discussions and ensure that PAC contributions are effectively disbursed to advocate for the orthopaedic profession. Here are four fast facts about the OrthoPAC...
- It is the only political action committee dedicated solely to representing orthopaedic surgeons in the nation’s capitol.
- It is nonpartisan and makes political contributions to Democrats, Republicans, Independents, and other party groups who share and support our views.
- It elects and reelects candidates to federal office who understand issues of importance to the care of musculoskeletal patients as well as the maintenance and betterment of the orthopaedic profession.
- It is governed by the PAC Executive Committee which reports to the AAOS Advocacy Council.