By all accounts, the AAOS 2022 Annual Meeting, held March 22 – 26 at McCormick Place in Chicago, was a resounding success. The meeting packed five powerful days of education, innovation, and collaboration, with over 15,000 people convening to reach new heights in orthopaedic surgery.
View the 2022 Annual Meeting highlights video to get a sense of the amazing energy participants experienced throughout the meeting!
More than 2,000 faculty members contributed to an exceptional education program featuring a diverse array of learning formats and spanning each orthopaedic subspecialty area.
Education program highlights:
- Paper and poster abstracts highlighted the latest research in the field.
- AAOS 2021 President Daniel K. Guy, MD, FAAOS’s, Forum on Ethics, Professionalism, and Harassment.
- OrthoDome, a brand-new video education session format featuring 4K and 3D surgical videos was introduced, drawing standing-room-only crowds.
The 2022 Annual Meeting Exhibit Hall spanned more than 200,000 square feet of exhibit space and featured the latest techniques and devices in orthopaedics.
Exhibit program highlights:
- Education programming in the Exhibit Hall offered in-depth and hands-on opportunities for attendees to discover new ways to transform their practice and advance patient care.
- New for 2022, the Academy hosted a Happy Hour in the Hall for all meeting participants on Thursday afternoon.
The opportunity to connect with colleagues from around the world and varying subspecialty backgrounds is one of the most valued aspects of the AAOS Annual Meeting.
- AAOS-hosted events like the New Member Luncheon, Resident Bowl, Speed Mentoring for Residents, PrideOrtho Luncheon forged meaningful interaction.
- The Resource Center served as a gathering place for attendees to learn about the Academy’s educational offerings, participate in hands-on demonstrations, and pick-up AAOS publications and registry reports.
AAOS 2022 continued a long tradition of honoring those whose contributions advance the field of orthopaedics.
Thank You to Meeting Participants
The 2022 Annual Meeting was so successful due to the contributions from all the volunteer leaders, faculty, exhibitors, sponsors, and attendees who participated. Thank you to everyone who helped make this meeting such a success.
The AAOS 2023 Annual Meeting will be held March 7 – 11 in Las Vegas and is sure to build on this success. Mark your calendar and make plans now to participate.
Access Meeting Content OnDemand
If you missed the meeting or would like or would like to revisit content you saw presented in Chicago, AAOS 2022 Annual Meeting OnDemand offers access to education session recordings that you can easily access on the go in MP3 format anywhere, anytime.