Pre-registration for this webinar is now closed.
Unregistered Guests may access the room after 7:00 PM CT here - https://aaos.adobeconnect.com/rqmfank59j5z/
Please enter the room as a guest and wait for approval.
Webinar Director: Vahid Entezari, MD
Faculty: Aaron Shaw, MD; David Jevsevar MD, MBA; Kurt Spindler MD; Kevin Shea, MD; James G. Wright, CM, MD, MPH, FRCSC, FRCS Ed
Healthcare is rapidly evolving from a volume to value-based model with an unprecedented emphasis on evidence-based medicine (EBM) to guide clinical decision making. This webinar will feature faculty from EBM leadership at the AAOS and will focus on the current state of EBM in orthopaedics while guiding participants through the application of evidence and EBM derivatives to real clinical problems. For residents, this is an outstanding opportunity to learn the elements of EBM and how to practice them during residency
Topics to be discussed include:
- Principles of evidence-based medicine
- Assessment of quality of evidence
- Design and administration of studies (multicenter cohort and randomized control trials)
- Development of clinical practice guidelines and appropriate use criteria
- Implementation of EBM via care pathways