AAOS Fundamentals of Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy for Orthopaedic Residents
OLC Education and Conference Center
9400 W Higgins Rd Ste 100
Rosemont, IL 60018-4975
October 25-27, 2019
October 27, 2019
Last Refund Date:
October 09, 2019
Course Directors: Adam B. Yanke, MD and Gregg T. Nicandri, MD
NOTE: Limited to orthopaedic residents.
An interactive course designed exclusively for residents!
Spend the majority of the course in the hands-on cadaver lab practicing:
• ACL Reconstruction
• Rotator Cuff Repair
• Labral Surgery
• Meniscus Repair
• Partial Meniscectomy
• Subacromial Decompression
• Biceps Procedures
Each pair of residents will have their own knee and shoulder cadaver specimens.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Direct the setup of the operating room for arthroscopic procedures involving the knee and the shoulder.
• Create portals in the knee and shoulder for arthroscopic procedures. Develop triangulation skills necessary for arthroscopic procedures.
• Complete the diagnostic knee and shoulder procedures in the correct sequence.
• Apply skills gained to undertake partial meniscectomy, meniscus repair, mircrofracture, subacromial decompression, distal clavicle excision and biceps tenotomy procedures.
• Gain exposure to advanced surgical procedures including ACL reconstruction, rotator cuff repair and labral repair.