This popular course fills fast – Register early to secure your spot!
Note: Registration is limited to orthopaedic residents.
Course Directors: Adam B. Yanke, MD, PhD and Gregg T. Nicandri, MD
An interactive course designed exclusively for residents! Stay engaged with a dynamic mix of lectures, demonstration videos, and hands-on practice in a state-of-the-art-lab. Spend the majority of the course in the hands-on cadaver lab practicing:
· ACL Reconstruction
· Partial Meniscectomy
· Rotator Cuff Repair
· Subacromial Decompression
· Labral Surgery
· Biceps Procedures
· Meniscus Repair
Each pair of residents will have their own knee and shoulder cadaver specimens, as well as access to a knee simulator to practice arthroscopy skills.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
· Direct the setup of the operating room for arthroscopic procedures involving the knee and the shoulder.
· Create portals in the knee and shoulder for arthroscopic procedures. Develop triangulation skills necessary for arthroscopic procedures.
· Complete the diagnostic knee and shoulder procedures in the correct sequence.
· Apply skills gained to undertake partial meniscectomy, meniscus repair, mircrofracture, subacromial decompression, distal clavicle excision and biceps tenotomy procedures.
· Gain exposure to advanced surgical procedures including ACL reconstruction, rotator cuff repair and labral repair.