Registration for this webinar is now closed.
For late registration until 5:00 PM CT/6:00 PM ET, please call customer service at 800-626-6726
Webinar Director: Joshua M. Abzug, MD
Hear it from another perspective! Take a critical look at both the surgical and therapeutic approaches to adolescent sports injuries including:
- Little league shoulder
- Little league elbow
- Wrist injuries in gymnasts
Your faculty, comprised of an orthopaedic surgeon, and occupational and hand therapists, share their respective rehab approaches. Explore strategies to safely return your athletes to play while preventing further injury. Wrap up the hour with Q&A discussion with expert faculty.
AAHS and ASHT Members!
To ensure your member benefit rate on this event, please contact AAOS Customer Service at 1-800-626-6726 or +1-847-823-7186.
Learning Objectives:At the conclusion of this webinar, learners should be able to:
1. Identify acute management/surgical interventions appropriate in gymnasts’ wrist injuries and little league elbow and shoulder.
2. Identify principles of rehabilitating wrist injuries in gymnasts including orthotics, progressive exercises and return to function.
3. Identify principles of rehabilitation in little league shoulder and elbow including proximal strength, core strength, and safe return to sport play/throwing.
4. Identify important means to prevent future injuries in the athlete as they return to play.
Heather Weesner, OTR/L, CHT
Heta Parikh, OTR/L
Ritu Goel, OT/L
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education (CME) for physicians. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
If you can’t make it to the live webinar, a replay is available to all registrants! Register to automatically receive a link to watch at later date!