THIS COURSE IS FULL. If you would like to be placed on a waiting list to participate in this course, please contact AAOS Customer Service Department at 1 (800) 626-6726 (US and Canada) or 1-847-823-7186 for outside US and Canada Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM CST or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Directors: Daniel C. Wascher, MD & Adam B. Yanke, MD
NOTE: Limited to orthopaedic residents.
An interactive course designed exclusively for residents!
Spend the majority of the course in the hands-on cadaver lab practicing:
• ACL Reconstruction
• Rotator Cuff Repair
• Labral Surgery
• Meniscus Repair
• Partial Meniscectomy
• Subacromial Decompression
• Biceps Procedures
Each pair of residents will have their own knee and shoulder cadaver specimens, as well as access to a knee simulator, to practice arthroscopy skills.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
• Direct the setup of the operating room for arthroscopic procedures involving the knee and the shoulder.
• Create portals in the knee and shoulder for arthroscopic procedures.
• Develop triangulation skills necessary for arthroscopic procedures.
• Complete the diagnostic knee and shoulder procedures in the correct sequence.
• Apply skills gained to undertake partial meniscectomy, meniscus repair, subacromial decompression and biceps tenotomy procedures.
• Gain exposure to advanced surgical procedures including ACL reconstruction, rotator cuff repair and labral repair