AAOS One-Day Part II Board Preparation and Review
Focus your preparation and gain confidence for the 2022 ABOS Part II Examination
Spend the day with Board-Certified Academy Fellows, working together to improve your cases and building plans for your successful case submission, presentation and defense. Understand Part II exam expectations through:
- Faculty instruction on case preparation
- Tips on handling complication cases
- Examples of optimal case presentations
- Discussion with questions and answers
You can spend your time with fellowship-trained faculty to:
- Identify Areas for Improvement: Utilize the lessons learned and faculty feedback from this course to improve your presentation strategy.
- Review Case Documentation*: Faculty will offer feedback and advice on your notes, documents, and images to ensure you are on-track to meet expectations
- Present*: Present two challenging cases in a mock oral examination setting. Experience various questioning styles, get unfiltered feedback, uncover common mistakes, and formulate ways to bridge gaps in your defense.
*Time is guaranteed to review or present two patient cases, but please have three cases ready if time allows.
Not ready to review or present your cases? Or, not taking Part II in 2022? Be an Observer!
At a reduced rate, observing is a great opportunity to watch your peers, listen to feedback and faculty critique, and participate in the overview lectures. For those taking the exam in the future, guide your collection and preparation year and avoid mistakes early on.
Observing participants sit in on the overview lectures and watch as peers review and present real patient cases. All sessions will take place via video conferencing, where you can join the virtual presentations rooms to listen to feedback and faculty critique, and observe various questioning styles. Make note of common mistakes and formulate ways to avoid trouble to guide your own collection and preparation year.
Optional Add-On: One-on-One Consultation Sessions
These private sessions fill fast! Secure your spot early.
For an additional fee, register for one 30-minute personalized session with a faculty member to ask additional questions beyond your presentation session to further improve your presentation and defense.
As the capacity for each session is very limited, registration is limited to one consultation slot per registrant.
Registration options for these sessions are shown during the check-out process and have an additional fee of $199.
Apurva Shah, MD, MBA, FAAOS
Brian M. Weatherford, MD, FAAOS
Room Selection for Presenting Participants
After registering, you will receive a link to indicate your preferred specialty-focused presentation room.
Foot & Ankle
Room Selection for Observing Participants
After registering, you will receive an email to indicate your specialty room preference for initial case observation. Observing participants can switch specialty rooms throughout the course to experience various questioning styles and feedback.
AAOS Member, Candidate Member, Associate Member, International Member
Orthopaedic Resident, Post-Residency in Fellowship, U.S. Military
Nonmember Orthopaedic Surgeon, International Nonmember, Other Physician Non-MD Practitioner, Non-Physician