Advanced Concepts of Complex Primary and Revision Hip and Knee Arthroplasty for Orthopaedic Residents, PGY 3-5
- Preoperative planning and templating for hip and knee arthroplasty procedures
- Perioperative protocols and pain management
- Diagnosis and treatment of peri-prosthetic infection
- Learning the rationale behind, and the surgical skills needed to:
- Reproduce leg lengths in THA
- Optimize hip stability during THA
- Perform soft-tissue releases to achieve balance in TKA
- Obtain correct alignment and implant position in TKA
This course is designed with a low 1:4 faculty-to-particpant ratio offering side-by-side instruction and clear guidance. Work alongside your dedicated course faculty in a state-of-the-art lab, mimicing the operating room experience. Practicing a range of procedures with the latest equipment makes for a seamless transition from the course to the real-world.
- "I'd like to thank the faculty participants who really made this an incredible learning experience for the residents - the faculty were really invested in teaching and I applaud their ability to tailor their teaching to the level of the learners with whom they were paired."
- "I was able to see the kind of attending orthopedic surgeon I want to be by meeting so many great faculty."
- "This course was excellent. The best aspect of the course was the chance to work with many different attendings who were always enthusiastic to teach."
Who Should Attend?
Orthopaedic residents who want to build their foundation of more advanced and complex hip and knee arthroplasty procedures.
Registration is limited to orthopaedic residents.
AAOS will consider the requests of persons with disabilities for reasonable modifications of policies, practices, and procedures or for auxiliary aids and services where necessary to provide them access to AAOS facilities, services and products. AAOS encourages that such requests be made as soon as possible to enhance AAOS’ ability to accommodate the requests. All such requests should be submitted to the AAOS Courses Team at email@example.com