AAOS Fundamentals of Knee & Shoulder Arthroscopy for Orthopaedic Residents
Register Early! This Course Sells Out Every Year.
An interactive learning experience designed exclusively for residents
Experience two content-packed days, rotating between classroom sessions and hands-on cadaver labs, building your foundation of numerous knee and shoulder arthroscopy procedures.
Working in pairs with another attendee, you'll have your own knee and shoulder cadaver specimens to practice arthroscopy skills.
Stay engaged with a dynamic mix of lectures, live and video surgical demonstrations, knot-tying sessions and faculty-participant discussion. Spend the majority of the course in the hands-on cadaver lab practicing:
- ACL Reconstruction
- Partial Meniscectomy
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Subacromial Decompression
- Labral Surgery
- Biceps Procedures
- Meniscus Repair
New! Resident Engagement Event
Friday, September 15 at the OLC Education & Conference Center (course location!)
Join your fellow attendees for a night of networking and gain exposure to the latest technology in the orthopaedic field.
When you attend this complimentary event you will:
- Gain hands-on experience with cutting-edge technologies
- Enjoy complimentary food and beverages
- Network with other orthopaedic residents in the area
- Share your innovative ideas with AAOS representatives and learn about your membership
- Walk away with ortho swag and giveaways
“The ability to practice on cadavers without the time constraints of the operating room schedule made all the difference in learning, making adjustments, and experimenting with different available options. This will all translate to better patient care!" - Previous Course Attendee
Gregg T. Nicandri, MD, FAAOS, FAOA
University of Rochester Medical Center
Douglas A. Evans, MD, FAAOS
Loyola University Medical Center
JAAOS Journal Club Podcast:
Hear from Dr. Nicandri and Dr. Evans!
Listen in as Course Directors discuss three relevant JAAOS articles titled:
- Orthopaedic Residents' Transfer of Knee Arthroscopic Abilities from the Simulator to the Operating Room
- Superior Labral Tears of the Shoulder: Pathogenesis, Evaluation, and Treatment
- Arthroscopic Management of Osteoarthritis of the Knee
Registration is limited to orthopaedic residents.
Resident Registration Fee: $1,599