Class of 2021 Applications Now Open! Deadline: May 1, 2020
We are pleased to have you join the AAOS.
Active Fellow Membership is available to orthopaedic surgeons practicing in the U.S. or Canada who are certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS), the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (AOBOS), or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC).
As an Active Fellow Member (FAAOS), you can:
- Stay on track with MOC support tools and CME tracking, including automatic transfer to the ABOS
- Gain FREE ACCESS to more than 800 surgical technique videos on our Orthopaedic Video Theater (OVT)
- Learn at your convenience with FREE ACCESS to hundreds of new surgical techniques learning modules options and more than 50 AAOS clinical webinars annually
- Stay on the forefront of orthopaedic practice with the JAAOS portfolio as well as Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research (CORR) – exclusively for full members!
- Integrate the latest quality measures and improve performance with exclusive AAOS member-only access to Orthopaedic Registry dashboards
- Connect with peers from around the globe at the AAOS Annual Meeting. Members can register in advance for only $100 and on site for $250.
Eligibility Requirements: Is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS), the American Osteopathic Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (AOBOS), or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC); for three years immediately prior to induction, devote his or her medical practice exclusively to orthopaedic surgery or engage in the teaching of orthopaedic surgery or research related to the musculoskeletal system; practices in the United States or Canada; maintains a full, unrestricted, and unlimited license to practice medicine in the United States or Canada or provides evidence of full-time medical service in the federal government which does not require a medical license; compliance with the AAOS Standards of Professionalism.
Recruitment period: Annually from October through May the following year.
Dues & Membership Cycle: 2020 dues are $1015. A one-time mandatory initiation fee of $350 is billed along with the dues in October upon acceptance. Cycle runs on calendar year, January 1 – December 31. Active Fellow membership is a continuous membership. Dues are automatically billed every October for the upcoming membership cycle.
Application process: Completion and submission of the Active Fellow Membership application during the recruitment period. All applications are reviewed by the Membership Committee and Active Fellow status is considered pending until final approval by the AAOS Board of Directors. Applicants are approved and accepted as a “class” each year in October. The full application process can take 10-12 months.
We strongly suggest having approximately 60 minutes without interruptions to complete your application. If you are unable to complete the application in one sitting, you will need to keep your browser session open to return to the form and continue.
Before you begin your application have the following information and documents available:
- Digital head-shot photo (jpeg to upload)
- Sponsor names, practice, address and phone information (Sponsors must be Active AAOS Fellow Members)
- Certification and Practice Information
- Medical Education, Residency, and Fellowship Information
- Hospital and Teaching Affiliation(s)
- License(s) and Practice History
- Medical Society Memberships
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF to upload)
- Personal Statement
If you have any questions, contact our Service Center at email@example.com or call 1.800.626.6726.