Now Accepting Associate Member Orthopaedic Applications for the Class of 2022.
Deadline to Apply: May 31, 2021
Advance your orthopaedic career by staying current on the latest innovations in the musculoskeletal field. Continue your training and build your skills with access to thousands of instructional courses, webinars, and specialty content trainings. We invite you to become an Associate Member in Orthopaedics. It is encouraged to apply early.
With an Associate Membership Orthopaedic, you will gain access to resources that will help you:
- Gain International recognition by submitting your abstracts for Instructional Course Lectures (ICL’s), papers and posters, TechTalks, Symposia, and more at the AAOS Annual Meeting, all while attending events and hearing from experts around the world to further your practice. Also available On Demand and Virtual Experience.
- Keep up to date with the latest peer reviewed and clinical research, as well as commentaries and author reviews on all thing's musculoskeletal health with JAAOS, JAAOS Global, JAAOS Research, JAAOS CME, and on the go with the JAAOS Unplugged Podcast, available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and more.
- Advance your surgical specialty skills at your own pace with Orthopaedic Video Theater (OVT), where you can watch and save videos, while gaining international recognition for your own procedures with the newest feature, OVT Now, where you can submit your own orthopaedic technique videos and lectures.
- Meet and track all of your CME credit needs without the work with the AAOS Learning Portfolio, where you can take courses on topics ranging from self-assessment exams to practice prep and everywhere in between in both live and on-demand formats, all while tracking your transcripts in your dashboard, including free daily transcript transfer to ABOS as an AAOS Member.
- Stay in lockstepwith Clinical Practices Guidelines (CPG) and Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) and continue providing your patients the best quality care, all available with quick access while on call via your smart phone or tablet via the OrthoGuidelines App.
Application Period: October 1, 2020 through May 31, 2021.
Application Fee: In order to process your application, you are required to pay a non-refundable application fee in the amount of $350.00 USD upon submission.
Membership Dues: 2021 Dues for Associate Member Orthopaedic Membership is $1,035.
Membership Cycle: If accepted, your Membership dues for the 2022 Membership year are due January 1, 2022. AAOS will begin sending Membership invoices in October of 2021. Your AAOS membership runs on the calendar year, January 1 – December 31. Associate Orthopaedic Membership is a continuous Membership. Dues are automatically billed every October for the upcoming Membership cycle.
Eligibility Requirements for Associate Membership:
- For three years (36 months) immediately prior to induction, devotes his or her medical practice exclusively to orthopaedic surgery or engages in the teaching of orthopaedic surgery or research related to the musculoskeletal system.
- Maintains a full, unrestricted and unlimited license to practice medicine in the United States or Canada in which he or she practices or provide evidence of full-time medical service in the federal government which does not require a medical license.
- US trained orthopaedic surgeons who were eligible but did not sit for the ABOS, AOBOS, or RCPSC examination or who failed the examination are explicitly excluded from this membership classification.
- Internationally trained orthopaedic surgeons are eligible for this membership classification. Compliance with the AAOS Standards of Professionalism.
- You are encouraged to apply early with a completed submission of the Associate Member Orthopaedic application during the recruitment period.
- All applications are reviewed by the Membership Council and Associate Member Orthopaedic status is considered pending until final approval by the AAOS Board of Directors.
- Applicants are approved and accepted as a “class” each year in October. The full application process can take 10-12 months.
- We strongly suggest having approximately 60 minutes without interruptions to complete your application. If you are unable to complete the application in one sitting, you will need to keep your browser session open to return to the form and continue.
- Before you begin your application have the following information and documents available:
- Digital head-shot photo (jpeg to upload)
- Sponsor names, practice, address and phone information (Sponsors must be Active AAOS Fellow Members)
- Certification and Practice Information
- Medical Education, Residency, and Fellowship Information
- Hospital and Teaching Affiliation(s)
- License(s) and Practice History
- Medical Society Memberships
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF to upload)
If you have any questions, contact our Customer and Member Services team or call 1.800.626.6726.