We are pleased to have you join the AAOS.
This membership category is available to certified Physician Assistants employed in the United States or Canada, who work in an orthopaedic setting under the supervision of an AAOS Fellow or full Associate Member.
As an Associate Physician Assistant Member, you can:
- Stay on the forefront of orthopaedic practice with online access to JAAOS – the most authoritative, peer-reviewed journal covering leading-edge clinical advances
- Enjoy FREE ACCESS to more than 1,000 surgical technique videos on our Orthopaedic Video Theater (OVT)
- Learn at your convenience with FREE ACCESS to hundreds of new surgical techniques learning options and more than 50 AAOS clinical webinars annually
- Integrate the latest quality measures and improve performance with the Academy’s expanding selection of quality tool kits and other resources
- Receive discounted access to focused educational and self-assessment resources – many of which qualify for physician assistant CMEs
- Benefit from PA-focused programming at the AAOS Annual Meeting and other live events. Physician Assistant Members can register in advance for only $100 and on site for $250.
- Submit a completed Associate Physician Assistant application with accompanying documentation and CV required.
- Recommended initially by a Fellow or Member who provides the Physician Assistant supervision; and
- Annually confirm that he or she works for a Fellow or Member who provides supervision; and
- Comply with the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and policy statements asadopted by the Fellowship and Board of Directors.
Dues & Membership Cycle: 2020 dues are $183. Cycle runs on calendar year, January 1 – December 31. Membership and dues are renewed and billed in October for the upcoming membership year. You will be asked to complete an annual employment confirmation form to confirm your practice with an AAOS Fellow/full Associate Member.
We suggest having approximately 10 minutes to complete your application. If you are unable to complete the application in one sitting, you will need to keep your browser session open to return to the form and continue.
Before you begin your application have the following information and documents available:
- Education Information
- Certification, license and practice information
- Name of sponsoring AAOS Fellow/Full Associate Member for whom you work
- Society Memberships
- Curriculum Vitae (pdf to upload)
- Personal Statement
If you have any questions, contact our Service Center or call 1.800.626.6726.