Published March 2020
Will we see you in Orlando this month? Stop by our booth at AAOS Registry Central between March 24-27 for copies of our Annual Reports. There are other opportunities to engage with the Registry Program during the 2020 AAOS Annual Meeting too.
The AAOS Registry Program has now expanded to include four procedural and diagnosis-based registries:
- American Joint Replacement Registry (AJRR)
- Shoulder & Elbow Registry (SER)
- Musculoskeletal Tumor Registry (MsTR)
- American Spine Registry (ASR), a collaboration with the American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Day-by-Day Overview of Registry Opportunities:
Tuesday, March 24 through Friday, March 27.
- Stop by the Registry Central booth to pick up free digital copies of our SER Annual Report as well as the AJRR Report and its two supplements, including data from the state of California. Staff will be on hand to answer questions and provide demonstrations of the AAOS RegistryInsights® platform.
Where: Resource Center in Academy Hall C
When: Tuesday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Wednesday-Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday, March 24 and Wednesday, March 25
- AJRR Poster Number P0031: Dual Mobility Utilization Trends in The United States: An Analysis of The American Joint Replacement Registry
Authors: Nathanael Heckmann, MD1, Dena Weitzman OD2, FAAO, Heena Jaffri, MPH3, Daniel Berry, MD4, Bryan Springer, MD5, Jay R. Lieberman, MD6
Event Title: Adult Reconstruction Hip Poster Session I
Where: Academy Hall C
When: Tuesday and Wednesday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday, March 25 through Friday, March 27
- If you are from one of the 120+ sites that have received the Advanced Total Hip and Total Knee Certification from The Joint Commission (TJC), stop by the dedicated VIP Lounge to enjoy light snacks, beverages, and Wi-Fi. Additionally, you can pick up a complimentary Certified lanyard at The Joint Commission’s booth in the Exhibit Hall, Booth #1575
Where: VIP Lounge: Room W309A
TJC Booth: #1575 in Exhibit Hall
When: Wednesday and Thursday from 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Friday from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Thursday, March 26
- Learn how AJRR’s participation counts towards the Advanced Total Hip and Total Knee Certification from The Joint Commission. This presentation recognizes the sites committed to utilizing the program as a framework to improve patient outcomes, reduce variation in care, create a cohesive clinical team, and provide an objective assessment of clinical excellence, while demonstrating to others how they too can benefit from the program. Program components, registry/practice guidelines, shared decision making, and more will be discussed.
Presenter: David Eickemeyer from The Joint Commission
Where: Engagement Theater in Academy Hall C
When: Thursday, March 26 from 8:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Visit us during our Registry Open Houses where you can connect with knowledgeable staff members and surgeon leadership away from the hustle and bustle of the conference floor.
Where: Room W231B
When: Thursday, March 26
- AJRR Open House: 9 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- SER Open House: 9:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- ASR Open House: 10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- MsTR Open House: 10:30 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- AAOS Registry Program User Group Network Meeting & Lunch is an opportunity for non-surgeon staff to get the latest information related to their site’s participation.
Where: Room W240B. There is a call-in opportunity for those not attending.
When: Thursday, March 26 from 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
To register, visit here.
- The Joint Commission Mentoring Session is for attendees interested in learning more about the certification and/or the review process of the Advanced Total Hip and Total Knee Certification to meet TJC staff experts and members of the registry team to engage in informal discussions.
When: Thursday, March 26 from 1:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Friday, March 27
- The AJRR 2019 Annual Report Meeting/Celebration is an opportunity for surgeon members to learn more about AJRR, discover key findings from the 2019 Annual Report, and have breakfast with those who were part of its creation.
Where: Room W230D
When: Friday, March 27 from 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- Paper Presentation #616: Migration patterns reported in the American Joint Replacement Registry (AJRR) for Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty (rTHA)
Presenters: Richard L. Illgen II, MD, David G. Lewallen, MD, and Kevin J. Bozic, MD, MBA
Where: Valencia Ballroom B (Adult Recon Hip Session VIII)
When: Friday, March 27, 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. (Individual Presentation Time: 8 a.m. - 8:06 a.m.)