Fotios P. Tjoumakaris, MD
2019, Scored and Recorded, Online, CME for this program expires on 12/31/2021
Earn up to 10 CME credits: 100 multiple-choice questions.
If you have already purchased this self-assessment program, you may log in and begin taking it here.
This examination will test your ability to work through complex problem-solving cases of: shoulder instability and degenerative rotator cuff injury, articular cartilage and ligament and meniscus disorders of the knee, femoroacetabular impingement and labrum pathology of the hip, and common sports medicine injuries of the elbow and ankle in the throwing and running athlete. In addition to orthopaedic sports medicine, the examination delves into general medical content such as interpreting the literature, and evaluating patients with concussive disorders and spinal cord and heat-induced illness. Content areas such as the pediatric and throwing athlete will be covered in addition to a wide array of challenging diagnostic imaging questions.
Completing this examination will help you:
• Diagnose, evaluate, and treat sports medicine related knee injuries.
• Determine the most likely surgical outcome and potential complications of common sports medicine procedures.
• Describe the diagnosis and treatment of athletic conditions of the shoulder, elbow, and hip.
• Identify factors which can lead to or exacerbate medical illnesses that may occur in an athletic patient population
• Interpret the medical literature and apply sound decision making and evidence based principles to the application of surgical practice.
• Identify common and somewhat uncommon anatomical structures and their associated patho-anatomy.
ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORM
Access examinations via the AAOS online learning platform, with a mobile-friendly interface. Enhance your learning experience with these features and functions:
• Easily navigate content, change display preferences, take notes, and mark items of interest
• Access resources and educational links for further learning – including valuable discussions and commentary, rationale for the correct answers, and links to PubMed references
• Pinch and size enhanced graphics to full screen on any touchscreen device
• View online or on the AAOS Access App for even more convenience
• Take the exam in scored and recorded format, and then access the quiz-builder for a completely customizable experience
Self-Assessment in MOC
Credits earned by completing this Scored and Recorded Special Interest Self-Assessment Examinations can be applied to the scored and recorded self-assessment requirements as mandated by the ABOS Maintenance of Certification (MOC) process and will count toward the CME credit requirement, as well.
Please Log in to Add to Cart