Learn like you were there!
Take a front-row virtual seat at this Academy skills course recorded May 2019 at the OLC Education & Conference Center: AAOS/ASES Reverse Total Shoulder and Latarjet/Open Instability Procedures
Course Directors: Jay D. Keener, MD and Robert Z. Tashjian, MD
This on demand video program brings the finished event to you as faculty present current approaches to reverse total shoulder and open instability procedures including open Bankart repairs and the Latarjet procedure. Watch and listen to the lecturers and their presentation slides, including patient cases, related surgical demonstration videos and emerging technologies. Content is segmented by topic, so you can pick up where you left off or select lectures you prefer to watch - across your devices.
This Courses OnDemand program features 31 lectures from distinguished faculty covering:
· Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
· RSA Design Theory
· Anterior Instability
This convenient, self-directed course gives you the flexibility to engage with trusted AAOS content online at your convenience.
At the conclusion of this course, learners should be able to:
1. Recognize the theoretical benefits of a medial versus lateral glenosphere center for reverse shoulder arthroplasty and the relative indications for each implant type
2. Review the indications and surgical implant options for successful augmentation of bony glenoid deficiency in the setting of reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
3. Describe the surgical indications and technical pearls for conversion of a failed shoulder arthroplasty to a reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
4. Identify the surgical indications and contraindications for the Latarjet procedure
5. Determine the biomechanical rationale and mechanisms of stability augmentation of the Latarjet procedure
6. Evaluate the options for the management of the subscapularis and options for graft placement for the Latarjet procedure
7. Recognize the theoretical benefits and basic surgical technique of the arthroscopic Latarjet procedure
8. Recognize surgical indications and identify identify proper surgical techniques for reverse shoulder arthroplasty for the treatment of proximal humerus fractures.
9. Recognize the variable surgical management options for the subscapularis and anterior capsular shift when performing an open soft tissue shoulder stabilization.