- Andrew L. Chen, MD, MS, and Nina R. Lightdale, MD, winners of the first-ever American Foundation for Surgery of the Hand-Health Volunteers Overseas Young Surgeon Traveling Fellowship.
- New members of the Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons’ executive committee and board of trustees for Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research (CORR): Randall E. Marcus, MD, president; Bert J. Thomas, MD, first vice-president; Christopher P. Beauchamp, MD, second vice-president; Mary I. O’Connor, MD, secretary; John H. Healey, MD, treasurer; Charles L. Saltzman, MD, treasurer-elect; Scott F. Dye, immediate past president; Maureen A. Finnegan, MD, past president; Robert S. Derkash, MD, historian; Guy T. Vise Jr., MD, senior member-at-large and chair, CORR board of trustees; Vincent D. Pellegrini Jr., MD, active member-at-large, CORR board of trustees; and David G. Lewallen, MD, editor’s representative. Richard A. Brand, MD, is CORR’s editor-in-chief.
- John F. McConville, MD, who was among the 20 recipients of the Massachusetts Medical Society’s 2007 Community Clinicians of the Year Award.
- Winners of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society’s 2007 Research Grants: Mark Glazebrook, MD, PhD; Timothy Daniels, MD; Alastair Younger, MD; Sandra Klein, MD; John Marymount, MD; Kevin Varner, MD; Francis Gannon, MD; Michael Pinzur, MD; Avinash Patwardhin, PhD; Smita Rao, PhD; Benedict DiGiovanni, MD; Deborah Nawoczenski, PhD, PT; Stacie Ringleb, PhD; Claude Anderson, MD; Lew Schon, MD; Su-Young Bae, MD, PhD; and Stuart Miller, MD.
- Winners of the 2007 American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) Young Investigator grants—Joseph A. Abboud, MD, and Vonda Wright, MD—and the 2007 AOSSM Kirkley Grant recipient, George A.C. Murrell, MD, PhD.
- Robert S. Burger, MD, recipient of the Kaiser Permanente Medical Group, Inc. Sidney R. Garfield Exceptional Contribution Award for 16 years of service to youth sports.