By all accounts, the AAOS 2023 Annual Meeting, held March 7 – 11 at the Venetian Convention & Expo Center in Las Vegas, was a resounding success. The meeting packed five powerful days, with over 20,000 people convening to experience world-class education, innovation, and collaboration.
View the 2023 Annual Meeting highlights video to get a sense of the amazing energy participants experienced throughout the meeting!
More than 2,000 faculty members contributed to an exceptional education program featuring a diverse array of learning formats and spanning each orthopaedic subspecialty area.
Education program highlights:
- OrthoDomeTM, a state-of-the-art surgical video education experience spanned 2.5 days of the meeting and drew standing-room-only crowds. Watch select OrthoDome videos on OVT.
- A new Spanish-Language Track debuted, and the Medical Student Program was expanded to include 200 students.
- Paper and poster abstracts highlighted the latest research in the field.
The 2023 Annual Meeting Exhibit Hall spanned more than 200,000 square feet of exhibit space and featured the latest technologies and devices in orthopaedics from more than 600 companies.
Exhibit program highlights:
- Education programming in the Exhibit Hall offered in-depth and hands-on opportunities for attendees to discover new ways to transform their practice and advance patient care.
- The Academy hosted a well-attended Happy Hour in the Hall for all meeting participants on Thursday afternoon.
The opportunity to connect with colleagues from around the world and varying subspecialties is one of the most valued aspects of the AAOS Annual Meeting.
- AAOS-hosted events like the New Member Luncheon, Resident Bowl, Speed Mentoring for Residents, and PrideOrtho Luncheon forged meaningful interaction.
- The Resource Center served as a gathering place for attendees to learn about the Academy's many offerings.
AAOS 2023 continued a long tradition of honoring those whose contributions advance the field of orthopaedics.
- Your Academy 2023 featured members of the AAOS Presidential Line as well as professional golfer Tom Watson.
- AAOS welcomed Germany as the Guest Nation, and the Combined Meeting of Orthopaedic Associations was held.
- Engagement Theater sessions featured leaders in the field presenting 'Women in Orthopaedics Worldwide'; 'Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within an Orthopaedic Department'; and 'Wartime Orthopaedic Surgery: Update Ukraine.'
Thank You to Meeting Participants
The 2023 Annual Meeting was so successful due to the contributions from all the volunteer leaders, faculty, exhibitors, sponsors, and attendees who participated. Thank you to everyone who helped make this meeting such a success.
The AAOS 2024 Annual Meeting will be held February 12 – 16 in San Francisco and is sure to be another can’t-miss event. Mark your calendar and make plans now to participate.
Shifting Meeting Dates in 2024
When planning for AAOS 2024, note that the meeting days are shifting to Monday through Friday, rather than the traditional Tuesday through Saturday. Specialty society programs will again bookend the meeting on Monday, February 12, and Friday, February 16. Be sure to make your Super Bowl Sunday (February 11, 2024) and Valentine's Day (February 14, 2024) plans accordingly, including by bringing your significant other along!
Access Meeting Content OnDemand
If you missed the meeting or would like or would like to revisit content you saw presented in Las Vegas, AAOS 2023 Annual Meeting OnDemand offers access to education session recordings that you can easily access on the go in MP3 format anywhere, anytime.
AAOS 2023 Quick Links
AAOS 2024 Call for Abstracts Is Open
Share your knowledge and research at the AAOS 2024 Annual Meeting, Feb. 12-16 (Monday-Friday), in San Francisco. Applications and abstracts are now being accepted. Nowhere else will your discoveries reach such a wide-ranging audience.
Plan Ahead With Us!
San Francisco hotels are now booking for AAOS 2024, Feb. 12-16 (Monday-Friday) at the Moscone Center. We invite you to plan along with us by reserving your hotel room with the official hotel provider, onPeak.