AAOS 2020 Annual Meeting Statement on Coronavirus
Following the declaration by the World Health Organization (WHO) that the Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) causing the current pneumonia outbreak is a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, AAOS is taking the following steps to maintain a safe and healthy environment at the AAOS 2020 Annual Meeting in Orlando:
- We are following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and updates, located here.
- We are working with the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando and surrounding venues hosting official AAOS programming to ensure there are medical processes in place and sanitation products available.
We encourage attendees to monitor the CDC website for additional information, and follow the World Health Organization’s Travel Advice as they prepare to attend the AAOS 2020 Annual Meeting.
Click here to make your reservation using CorpTrav or call 1 800-318-3846. A per reservation service fee of $15 (online) and $32 (phone) will be charged.
The Orlando International Airport (MCO) is a major public airport located 12 miles east of the Orange County Convention Center.
Mears Transportation Group provides transportation to and from the airport to hotels and the Orange County Convention Center for $35-$39 (per person, round-trip). Passengers can purchase tickets at the Airport Shuttle ticket booths located on the first level throughout the Baggage Claim area in Orlando. Book online using Promo Code 600724052. Or, call 1-800-759-5219 or 407-423-5566 to make reservations over the phone.
To receive the discount, attendees must purchase their ticket online using Promo Code 600724052, or present a physical coupon at the Mears Counters at the Orlando International Airport – having it on a mobile device will not be accepted.
Hotel Shuttles - Schedule
Run between the hotels and the Orange County Convention Center starting Tuesday, March 24, at 6:30 AM through Saturday, March 28 at 6:00 PM. There will be no service between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM!
For those who plan on driving to the convention center, event-specific parking areas will be listed on overhead electronic signage on International Drive and the surrounding area
- The West Building parking lot can be accessed a number of ways - via Exhibit Drive (north entrance), via Convention Way (south entrance) and via West Entrance Drive off Westwood Boulevard.
- The North/South Building parking lot can be accessed by two entrances - Universal Boulevard (north side) or International Drive (south side). Using the entrance off Universal Boulevard is encouraged when attending events in the North/South Concourse.
- The Destination Parkway Parking Garage is located two blocks west on International Drive and is operational based on event activity. Depending on the show, guests parking in the Destination Parkway Garage may be shuttled to their event in either the West or the North/South buildings.
The Orange County Convention Center accepts cash, traveler's checks, American Express, MasterCard and Visa:
- $17 parking fee will apply to passenger vehicles, per entry
- $25 parking fee will apply to oversize vehicles, per entry
All parking at the Orange County Convention Center is available on a first-come, first-served basis, including disability permit parking. The exact numbers of available spaces vary by show or event.
Electric Vehicle (EV) Parking / EV Charging Stations
The Orange County Convention Center has eight on-site electric vehicle (EV) charging stations:
- Four stations are located outside Hall D of the West concourse
- Two stations are located outside Hall A of the South concourse
- One station is located outside Hall A of the North concourse
- One station is located in the North/South parking lot
*The EV charging stations are free to use, however parking rates apply.
- Electric vehicles may park at the charging stations at West Hall D, South Hall A and North Hall A for a maximum of three hours when paying for short-term metered parking.
- Electric vehicles may park at the charging station in the North/South parking lot after paying the parking fee at the parking lot entrance toll booth.
- Overnight parking is not permitted at the Orange County Convention Center.
Short-Term Metered Parking
The OCCC has added short-term parking spaces in front of the West and North/South buildings. Guests will be able to park in a designated space for up to three hours at a rate of $5 per hour.
Reservations can be made via the AAOS registration website, MCI USA, your travel agent, or directly with rental car companies. AAOS has negotiated special rates for rental cars during the meeting. Call the number below and mention the discount code listed.
- Hertz Car Rental: CV#02KS0025 – Telephone: (800)654-2240 – www.hertz.com
A cab ride costs $36-$45 from the airport to the Orange County Convention Center for one person and $15.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers.
Orlando has ADA accessible guestrooms at every hotel. Please specify your needs when making your reservations.
The average temperature in the Orlando area in March is 65 degrees Fahrenheit, with an average high of 79 and an average low of 59. Pack an umbrella for the possibility of showers during your visit.
Professional attire is appropriate at the meeting and to visit the exhibit area. Some restaurants require coats and ties for gentleman, but most welcome casual attire. Check each restaurant’s policy when making reservations.