Your safety is our priority. We are working hard with our vendor partners to ensure all necessary safety measures are in place and are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for our attendees, exhibitors, and team members. The San Diego Convention Center is committed to a high standard for infection control & prevention and has achieved the Global Biorisk Council (GBAC) STAR Accreditation.
AAOS is following best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and will abide by the legal mandates from the state of California at the time of the meeting.
The additional safety and health measures included below are current as of January 13, 2021. The information below will be updated as planning for the AAOS 2021 Annual Meeting continues.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- A continual cleaning and disinfecting routine will be enforced throughout the convention center during event hours and overnight, especially in high-touch areas. Cleaning and disinfecting products that are on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved list will be used to combat the spread of COVID-19.
- Disinfectant wipe dispensers will be strategically placed near commonly touched objects.
- Restrooms will be regularly and thoroughly disinfected during event hours and include the following touch-free items: soap dispensers, sink faucets, toilet fixtures, paper-towel and toilet paper dispensers.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided near building entrances, meetings rooms, and lobbies. Touch-free dispensers will be used wherever possible and a schedule will be established for re-filling the stations.
- AAOS is currently working with the San Diego Convention Center to ensure that the AAOS 2021 Annual Meeting complies with all state and local physical distancing requirements. As planning continues and requirements become available, they will be updated here.
- In accordance with local and state guidelines, meeting room capacity will be determined following revised occupancy standards and to anticipate attendee flow.
- Signage with health and safety guideline reminders will be posted in highly visible areas throughout the building.
- AAOS is currently working with the San Diego Convention Center to ensure that the AAOS 2021 Annual Meeting complies with all state and local health monitoring regulations. As planning continues and requirements become available, they will be updated here.
- Air quality within the San Diego Convention Center will be optimized by HVAC systems that carefully manage the appropriate amount of indoor air circulation and proper outside makeup air.
- HVAC Technicians, as well as an up-to-date automation system, will monitor the HVAC equipment throughout the building to provide immediate alert of any detected issues.
- Water bottles will be encouraged, and water bottle fill stations will be placed in strategic locations throughout the building. These areas are part of the continual cleaning and disinfecting routine during event hours and overnight.
- Heightened cleaning protocols for high-traffic areas such as the front desk, fitness centers and pools, as well as other high-touch surfaces throughout the hotel, using hospital-grade disinfectant approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to combat the spread of COVID-19.
- Reduced contact at check-in and digital check-in provided.
- Furniture arrangements designed to encourage appropriate social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Housekeeping "on-demand" options that allows guests to request delivery of additional toiletries, towels, linens or coffee without having a housekeeper enter the room.
- Changes in breakfast offerings, with many hotels replacing their breakfast buffet option with pre-packaged breakfast items.
- New service approaches to buffets, banquets, and contactless or designated pickup areas for room-service.
- AAOS is currently working with our shuttle bus company, PRA, to ensure that the AAOS 2021 Annual Meeting complies with all state and local requirements. As planning continues and requirements become available, they will be updated here.
- PRA will adhere to best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and will abide by the legal mandates from the state of California at the time of the meeting.
- Buses will be part of a continual cleaning and disinfecting routine.