Health and Safety Resources
Your safety is our priority. We are working diligently with our partners and vendors to ensure the necessary safety measures are in place. We are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for all our attendees, exhibitors, and team members.
AAOS is following best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and will abide by the legal mandates from the state of California at the time of the meeting. The health and safety measures available here will be updated as planning for the AAOS 2021 Annual Meeting continues.
About the Venue
Planning for Change
While much has changed in the world around us, what has not changed is AAOS’ commitment to the health and safety of our members, exhibitors, and industry partners. Here’s what we’re doing at-a-glance for a handshake-free meeting to protect your health and peace of mind so you can focus on getting down to business.
- Proof of Vaccination: Attendees and exhibitors must present a paper or digital copy of CDC-issued vaccination card, or other documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider, along with photo ID (that matches name on vaccination card or documentation). If vaccination documentation is not available, attendees must present paper or digital copy of negative COVID-19 test along with photo ID. Test results need to be received within 72 hours of the first day registrants are attending the Annual Meeting.
- Per the state of California, international convention attendees and exhibitors will only be allowed if fully vaccinated. International registrants must also present a paper or digital copy of the vaccination card, or other documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider, along with photo ID.
- Masks: To attend the meeting in-person, attendees and exhibitors are required to wear masks while inside the San Diego Convention Center and on provided transportation such as shuttle busses. If you cannot wear a mask, for medical reasons, you will be required to wear a face shield in lieu of a mask.
- Physical Distancing: Event attendees should expect physical distancing in high traffic areas, session rooms, exhibit floor, and throughout the event space in accordance with local and venue regulations.
- Cleaning: Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the event. All high-touch areas will be placed on a visible continual cleaning and disinfecting routine during event hours and overnight.
- Exhibit Hall: AAOS will apply crowd density standards, in accordance with local and state authorities’ guidance, to control the density of the show floor and community gathering spaces and allow for appropriate physical distancing.
- Food & Beverage: Food and beverage will be provided in a no-contact way.