The AAOS Annual Meeting is where the trusted leaders in advancing musculoskeletal health meet. We urge you to begin the visa application process now. U.S. regulations require security checks for most visitor visa applications, resulting in a review process that may take three months or more.
Visa & Passport Requirements
A foreign national traveling to the United States for tourism needs a Visitor Visa (B-2) unless qualifying for entry under the Visa Waiver Program.
Tips for Successful Visa Application
- Letter of invitation from the meeting organizer.
- When possible, provide proof of professional scientific and/or educational status, society membership and/or meeting registration.
- Visa applicants are expected to provide evidence that they intend to return to their country of residence. Therefore, applicants should provide proof of binding or sufficient ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. Visa applications are more likely to be successful if done in the visitor's home country.
- Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of their visa application.
- All applicants must be able to qualify for a visa on their own merits under the requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- Locate your US Embassy/Consulate
- Frequently Asked Questions
International Orthopaedic Society Presidents
The AAOS proudly recognized international orthopaedic society presidents from around the globe at the AAOS 2022 Annual Meeting. Learn more.
International Travel Packages
Traveling from abroad for this year’s meeting? Click below to view our exclusive International travel options from our partner IGD. Learn more.
New! Spanish-Language ICL Track
As the global orthopaedic community unites this March in Las Vegas, Spanish-speaking participants will have the chance to participate in a brand-new Spanish-Language Instructional Course Lecture track. Learn more.
Health and Safety Resources
Your safety is our priority. As the trusted leader in musculoskeletal healthcare, the AAOS is working diligently with our partners and vendors to ensure the necessary safety measures are in place. Learn more.
The Experience of the Year: AAOS 2023
More than 20,000 orthopaedic professionals convened March 7-11 to experience 5 packed days of education, innovation, and collaboration in Las Vegas at the AAOS 2023 Annual Meeting.
Plan Ahead With Us!
San Francisco hotels are now booking for AAOS 2024, February 12-16 (Monday-Friday) at the Moscone Center. We invite you to plan along with us by reserving your hotel room with the official hotel provider, onPeak.