The AAOS Annual Meeting is where the trusted leaders in advancing musculoskeletal health meet. We urge you to begin the visa application process now. U.S. regulations require security checks for most visitor visa applications, resulting in a review process that may take three months or more.
Visa & Passport Requirements
Tips for Successful Visa Application
- Letter of invitation from the meeting organizer.
- When possible, provide proof of professional scientific and/or educational status, society membership and/or meeting registration.
- Visa applicants are expected to provide evidence that they intend to return to their country of residence. Therefore, applicants should provide proof of binding or sufficient ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. Visa applications are more likely to be successful if done in the visitor's home country.
- Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of their visa application.
- All applicants must be able to qualify for a visa on their own merits under the requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- Locate your US Embassy/Consulate
- Frequently Asked Questions
International Orthopaedic Society Presidents
The AAOS proudly recognized international orthopaedic society presidents from around the globe at the AAOS 2021 Annual Meeting. Learn more.