As physicians, AAOS members have navigated all manner of obstacles throughout their careers, and 2021 was no exception. While the world continued to grapple with the COVID-19 pandemic, AAOS volunteer leadership, membership and staff dedicated themselves to serving our profession and providing the highest quality musculoskeletal care.
The 2021 Annual Report details the work done by the dedicated volunteers and staff of AAOS over the last year and will continue to do on behalf of its members and their patients. Why? Because it matters.
AAOS’s numerous 2021 accomplishments include:
- The deployment of the Member Value and Satisfaction (MVAS) Survey, resulting in a 260% increase in responses over the previous year
- Significant increases in both female and under-represented minority representation the AAOS Board of Directors
- The full launch of the AAOS Leadership Institute (ALI), with 193 members currently participating
- The successful reunion of the orthopaedic community in San Diego at the 2021 AAOS Annual Meeting
- A record-breaking 340 registrants for Board Prep Part 1
- A partnership with Cohere health to reduce prior authorization burdens for AJRR participants
- The expansion of the AAOS Family of Registries with the addition of the Fracture and Trauma Registry (FTR), a collaboration with the Orthopaedic Trauma Association (OTA)
- A partnership with OREF to fund biologics-focused research
- The hosting of a Biologics Symposium with over 160 attendees
- The facilitation of a special, virtual Orthopaedic Advocacy Week
- The raising of over 1.7 million hard and soft dollars combined for the OrthoPAC
- And more!