In 2019, AAOS consistently worked to break barriers, including achieving unique accomplishments with its people, strategy, and performance. The Annual Report is a platform on which to highlight progress on barriers broken and renew the Academy’s commitment to growth, diversity, quality and leadership in the future.
- Launch of a new five-year Strategic Plan and Core Values, including a goal focused on increasing diversity in the Board and volunteer structure
- Commitments to leadership in musculoskeletal health, to guide members and patients with evidence-based standards for Biologics, and to develop a comprehensive Resident Curriculum to transform resident education
- Relaunch of the enhanced Orthopaedic Video Theater (OVT) as a free member benefit
- Innovative education delivery, including the JAAOS Unplugged® podcast, a revamped Career Center, and the 1st-ever live-streamed course
- Expansion of the AAOS Registry Program, such as adding rotator cuff repair and elbow arthroplasty modules to the Shoulder & Elbow Registry (SER)
- Strong advocacy activity, including grassroots efforts promoting arbitration for Surprise Billing and raising $1.9 million to support The Orthopaedic PAC