Exciting things are happening in Washington, D.C., and the nation for orthopaedists in every community. Many of these initiatives are the direct result of orthopaedists getting involved and making their voices heard. There is no better time than now to become involved in shaping the political landscape for the betterment of our patients. We invite you to join us in this effort.
Orthopaedic Advocacy Week
Amplify year-long advocacy efforts and deliver requests to policymakers on behalf of the MSK community.
Serve as a respected and knowledgeable voice on policy issues while developing relationships with legislators.
Share feedback on regulatory proposals which will impact the day-to-day practice of orthopaedic surgery.
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Attend the Annual Meeting where you can participate in Symposia, Instructional Course Lectures, Presidential addresses and much more. This allows one to get a flavor of all of the different facets of the Academy
- Volunteer as an Academy liaison by serving on an AAOS Council/Cabinet or Committee
- Read the current issue of AAOS Now
- Learn more about all our federal advocacy issues
- Submit your own story of advocacy to firstname.lastname@example.org.