The outcome of the 2020 election cycle will have a profound impact on the medical community. Not only because of the public health crisis we are still enduring, but also because there are a record number of physicians running for federal office. We have an opportunity to elect leaders who will champion orthopaedic issues and support policies that positively affect both how physicians care for their patients but also how patients can pay for and access care.
The AAOS political program encourages all eligible members to get involved in the political process by becoming a member of the Orthopaedic Political Action Committee (OrthoPAC) and by showing up to the polls in November. That is why it has put together the following resources to help members navigate the patchwork of each state’s voting deadlines and procedures.
Click on your state below to learn more...
• Absentee and mail-in voting procedures
• 2020 state mail-in voting status
• Voter registration deadline
• Absentee ballot deadline
• Ballot submission deadline
• How to register to vote and online voter registration system
• Election office contact information