This agreement is between the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (hereafter referred to as the AAOS) and the <<Organization name>> a non-accredited sponsor of continuing medical education (hereafter referred to as NAS). This agreement covers the <<Title of CME activity>>, <<Dates>>, <<Location>>.
By its authorized signature on this agreement, the NAS affirms that this CME activity will serve to develop, maintain, or increase the knowledge, skills and professional performance that a physician uses to provide services for patients, the public or the profession. Further, the NAS accepts accountability for all aspects in the planning and implementation of these CME activities in compliance with the Accreditation Criteria, Policies and Standards for Commercial Support of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
AAOS and NAS agree to the following:
- All proposed CME activities must be reviewed and approved by the AAOS to ensure compliance with the Accreditation Criteria, Policies and Standards for Commercial Support of the ACCME.
- AAOS, as the ACCME-accredited sponsor, will assign the appropriate AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for the joint activity. Further, AAOS shall have the authority to withdraw the designation of credit and revoke this Agreement at any time during the planning or implementation of the activity if the NAS fails to meet the requirements of the AAOS or the terms of this Agreement. All required documentation listed on the joint providership CME Activity Planning Form must be received in a timely fashion.
- All CME Letters of Agreement (LOAs) regarding grants and commercial support shall be between the AAOS and the commercial supporter and will be initiated by the AAOS. The NAS is required to notify AAOS within 15 days of receiving confirmation of grant support with pertinent contact information. In accordance with ACCME policies, grant requests or Letters of Agreement cannot include an offer of or request for free exhibit space. This insures a separation of education and promotion.Letters of Agreement must be between the AAOS and the commercial supporter and be signed by both parties before the CME activity begins.
- All promotional materials (brochures, advertisements, preliminary and final programs, meeting apps, etc.) must be reviewed and approved by Donna Siwek, Manager, AAOS CME Administration prior to being released. This will ensure that required information is communicated to the participants of the accredited CME activity.
- Accreditation of the proposed CME activity cannot be advertised prior to AAOS approval.
- For the NAS not managed by the AAOS Society Management Services Department, a joint providership fee will be charged according to the following fee schedule.
You will be invoiced $XXXX for this activity.
NAS agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AAOS against any claims or expenses arising for NAS’s CME activities.