Transitions are part of every physician's professional life. At a minimum, there is the transition that always takes place from graduate medical training to practice, and then years down the road, from practice to partial and ultimately complete retirement.
The following selection of articles from AAOS Now provide insights into practice transitions.
- The office-based orthopaedist
- Getting back into the game
- The changing face of orthopaedic employment
- The solo practice: Strategies for success
- Orthopaedic groups find strength in numbers
- Going it alone
- The physician as employee: Pros and cons
- Don't trust your future to a coin flip
- Small groups have big advantages
- Preparing to close your practice
- Retirement: An orthopaedic surgeon's perspective
- Successful Recruiting for Your Orthopaedic Practice
If you have suggestions for future articles, please Contact Practice Resources