AAOS Fundamentals of Knee & Shoulder Arthroscopy for Orthopaedic Residents
An interactive learning experience designed exclusively for residents
Experience two content-packed days, rotating between classroom sessions and hands-on cadaver labs, building your foundation of numerous knee and shoulder arthroscopy procedures.
Working in pairs with another attendee, you'll have your own knee and shoulder cadaver specimens to practice arthroscopy skills.
Stay engaged with a dynamic mix of lectures, live and video surgical demonstrations, knot-tying sessions and faculty-participant discussion. Spend the majority of the course in the hands-on cadaver lab practicing:
- ACL Reconstruction
- Partial Meniscectomy
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Subacromial Decompression
- Labral Surgery
- Biceps Procedures
- Meniscus Repair
“The ability to practice on cadavers without the time constraints of the operating room schedule made all the difference in learning, making adjustments, and experimenting with different available options. This will all translate to better patient care!" - Previous Course Attendee
Gregg T. Nicandri, MD, FAAOS, FAOA
University of Rochester Medical Center
Douglas A. Evans, MD, FAAOS
Loyola University Medical Center
Course Faculty - COMING SOON
Registration is limited to orthopaedic residents.
Resident Registration Fee: $1,699
Experience the state-of-the-art OLC Education & Conference Center
Experience the state-of-the-art OLC Education & Conference Center.
Take a virtual tour here!
The OLC provides a world-class clinical setting for physicians, surgeons and medical professionals from around the world to develop new skills and advance surgical skills. The spacious bio-skills lab is designed for hands-on teaching and offers the most expansive learning environment of its kind anywhere, including:
- Twenty-four fully equipped workstations
- A large-format high-definition display with 80” LED displays and 30’ wide screens
- A separate demonstration area equipped with three HD broadcast cameras, with one on a jimmy jib to enable overhead shots
- A staging/cleaning room for instrumentation and equipment
- A decontamination room for instrumentation and equipment cleansing
- Dynamic display monitors throughout the facility show event schedules, airline flight information, and other pertinent meeting content
- On-site locker rooms for participants to change and secure personal belongings
- Ample pre-function space for networking breaks and receptions