The Joint Commission’s advanced certifications elevate your services with evidence-based proof of clinical quality. We have developed the resources below to support sites with the registry requirement for the certification process.
The Joint Commission Advanced Total Hip and Knee Replacement Certification (THKR) is offered in collaboration with the AAOS and the American Joint Replacement Registry (AJRR).
The Joint Commission Advanced Certification in Spine Surgery (ACSS) is offered in collaboration with the AAOS and the American Spine Registry (ASR), a collaborative effort between the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and AAOS.
Quick Reference Guides
AJRR participation is the sole pathway for the registry requirement of The Joint Commission Advanced THKR Certification, while ASR participation is the sole pathway for the registry requirement of The Joint Commission ACSS.
A set of standardized performance measures are also required for both advanced certifications. Check out the guides below for a list of the measures and how to view them on the RegistryInsights® Performance Measures Dashboard. The performance measure data must be submitted to The Joint Commission quarterly.
- Registry Participation Quick Reference Guide: The Joint Commission Advanced THKR Certification
- Registry Participation Quick Reference Guide: The Joint Commission ACSS
Frequently Asked Questions
View frequently asked questions about using Registry participation for both advanced certifications below.
- AJRR Participation for The Joint Commission Advanced THKR Certification FAQs
- ASR Participation for The Joint Commission ACSS FAQs
The toolkits below provide details related to Registry participation for obtaining and maintaining The Joint Commission advanced certifcations. They include information related to measure definitions, details to aid in the data submission process to appropriately calculate measures to inform quality improvement at your site, and frequently asked questions to support ongoing data submission to the Registry Program.
- Registry Participation Toolkit: Achieving and Maintaining the Advanced THKR Certification from The Joint Commission
- Registry Participation Toolkit: Achieving and Maintaining the ACSS from The Joint Commission
Register for one of the webinars below for more information on the new Registry resources that were created.
- New American Joint Replacement Registry Resources for The Joint Commission Advanced Total Hip and Knee Replacement Certification - Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 12:00-1:00 p.m. CT
- New American Spine Registry Resources for The Joint Commission Advanced Certification in Spine Surgery - Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 12:00-1:00 p.m. CT
If you have any additional questions about Registry participation or The Joint Commission advanced certification performance measures, please contact the Registry Engagement team at RegistryEngagement@aaos.org or call 1-800-999-2939.
The resources on this page can also be found in the Tools & Resources section of RegistryInsights.