AAOS/HS/KS Comprehensive Resident Total Hip & Knee Course: From Cutting Your Teeth to Cutting Out Implants
Residents! Build your surgical skills for TKA and THA with guidance from expert faculty
Experience 2.5 content-packed days rotating between dynamic classroom sessions and hands-on cadaver labs, building your foundation and refining your skills for an array of hip and knee arthroplasty procedures. This course is specially designed for residents.
Most of your course time is spent in the lab practicing surgical approaches, working closely with course faculty in a personalized learning environment.
Engaging lectures, lively faculty panels, and small-group case discussions round out your experience, covering important topics including:
- Principles and surgical anatomy
- Implant design and use
- Preoperative planning and templating, with special hip and knee templating sessions
- Perioperative protocols
- Diagnosis and treatment of peri-prosthetic infection
Course Schedule Coming Soon!
"I absolutely loved this course. It was resident-centered throughout, focusing on education through case examples, presented in an informal and laidback setting." - Course Participant
Anna Cohen-Rosenblum, MD, MSc, FAAOS
LSU School of Medicine
New Orleans, LA
Nathanael D. Heckmann, MD
Keck Medicine of USC
Los Angeles, CA
Jenna A. Bernstein, MD
Mathias P. G. Bostrom, MD, FAAOS
Yale Fillingham, MD, FAAOS
Ugonna N. Ihekweazu, MD, FAAOS
Ryland P. Kagan, MD, FAAOS
Atul F. Kamath, MD, MBA, FAAOS
Cameron Ledford, MD, FAAOS
Elizabeth Lieberman, MD
Antonia F. Chen, MD, MBA, FAAOS
Alexis Gaskin, MD
Registration is limited to orthopaedic residents.
Resident Registration Fee: $999
Experience the state-of-the-art OLC Education & Conference Center
Experience the state-of-the-art OLC Education & Conference Center.
Take a virtual tour here!
The OLC provides a world-class clinical setting for physicians, surgeons and medical professionals from around the world to develop new skills and advance surgical skills. The spacious bio-skills lab is designed for hands-on teaching and offers the most expansive learning environment of its kind anywhere, including:
- Twenty-four fully equipped workstations
- A large-format high-definition display with 80” LED displays and 30’ wide screens
- A separate demonstration area equipped with three HD broadcast cameras, with one on a jimmy jib to enable overhead shots
- A staging/cleaning room for instrumentation and equipment
- A decontamination room for instrumentation and equipment cleansing
- Dynamic display monitors throughout the facility show event schedules, airline flight information, and other pertinent meeting content
- On-site locker rooms for participants to change and secure personal belongings
- Ample pre-function space for networking breaks and receptions