AAOS/HS/KS Comprehensive Resident Total Hip & Knee Course: From Cutting Your Teeth to Cutting Out Implants
- Cadaveric dissection to learn primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty techniques using implants from a variety of different companies
- Preoperative planning and templating for hip and knee arthroplasty procedures, including implant identification tips
- Comprehensive discussion of current controversies in hip and knee arthroplasty
- Updated overview of diagnosis and treatment of prosthetic joint infection
- Close interaction with well-known arthroplasty faculty from across the United States
This course is designed with a low 1:4 faculty-to-particpant ratio offering side-by-side instruction and clear guidance. Work alongside your dedicated course faculty in a state-of-the-art lab, mimicing the operating room experience. Practicing a range of procedures with the latest equipment makes for a seamless transition from the course to the real-world.
Hear what previous course attendees had to say!
- "I'd like to thank the faculty participants who really made this an incredible learning experience for the residents - the faculty were really invested in teaching and I applaud their ability to tailor their teaching to the level of the learners with whom they were paired."
- "I was able to see the kind of attending orthopedic surgeon I want to be by meeting so many great faculty."
- "This course was excellent. The best aspect of the course was the chance to work with many different attendings who were always enthusiastic to teach."
Who Should Attend?
Orthopaedic residents who want to build their foundation of numerous hip and knee arthroplasty procedures.
Registration is limited to orthopaedic residents.
AAOS will consider the requests of persons with disabilities for reasonable modifications of policies, practices, and procedures or for auxiliary aids and services where necessary to provide them access to AAOS facilities, services and products. AAOS encourages that such requests be made as soon as possible to enhance AAOS’ ability to accommodate the requests. All such requests should be submitted to the AAOS Courses Team at email@example.com