Your safety is our priority. We are working with location partners to ensure all necessary safety measures are in place and we are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for our attendees, exhibitors, and team members. The OLC Education and Conference Center is committed to a high standard for infection control and prevention and has achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation.
AAOS is following best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and will abide by the legal mandates from the state of Illinois at the time of the event.
Additional Protocols at the OLC Education & Conference Center
In addition to existing stringent cleaning protocols, The OLC Education & Conference Center is implementing the following added safety and health measures:
- Maintains and performs regular housekeeping practices, including daily and nightly cleanings, using hospital-grade disinfectants
- Provides staff members with uniforms and personal protection equipment (at no cost to the staff) that fits, offers appropriate protection and is commercially cleaned and sanitized
- Has an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan in place
- Uses color codes, safety signs, labels, and posters to alert staff and attendees of potential hazards
- Properly and safely maintains and cleans all equipment and tools in the facility
- Utilizes an HVAC system that uses 100% outside air and MERV 14 filtration
- Is subject to regular inspections from OSHA compliance officers
- Provides ongoing safety training to all employees
Following recent changes to guidelines and recommendations from the U.S. CDC and in partnership with our local and state health departments, the OLC has added additional measures and precautions to protect and maintain the health and safety of guests and staff:
- Modified room layouts configured to keep attendees spaced out at least 6 feet apart.
- Social distancing enforced in all common areas, labs, locker rooms and meeting rooms.
- A new and separate OLC entrance, with ample signage, has been designated outside the building for all attendees to use while entering and exiting
- Strict mask requirements
- Implementation of Electrostatic Disinfection, a forensic spraying that uses Multi-Clean Century Q 256 to ensure all surfaces are wrapped with EPA registered, hospital-grade disinfectant
- Additional alcohol-based hand sanitation stations placed throughout the venue
- Providing disposable, disinfectant wipes to routinely sanitize commonly used surfaces
- Working with our industry food partners to provide individually packaged food and beverage items
- AAOS is currently working with the OLC and other location partners to ensure that in-person AAOS CME Courses comply with all state and local physical distancing requirements. As planning continues and requirements become available, they will be updated here.
- In accordance with local and state guidelines, meeting room capacity will be determined following revised occupancy standards and to anticipate attendee flow.
- Signage with health and safety guideline reminders will be posted in highly visible areas throughout the event.
- AAOS is currently working with the OLC and other location partners to ensure that in-person AAOS CME Courses comply with all state and local health monitoring regulations. As planning continues and requirements become available, they will be updated here.
AAOS Courses held at the OLC Education & Conference Center provide discounted hotel room-blocks at the Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare. You can review the steps that Hilton properties are taking to ensure a clean environment here.