There is value for private practice groups to participate in the AAOS Registry Program.
- Improve your performance through reducing complication and revision rates with post-operative data.
- Surgeons view their own data through Surgeon Dashboards that can be used for performance improvement and quality initiatives. Because the AAOS Registry Program is approved by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS), accessing Surgeon Dashboards may help count towards attaining up to 10 Self-Assessment Exam credits for ABOS’ Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part II.
- Get full access to our patient-reported outcome (PRO) portal to administer and manage PRO surveys.
- Reuse Registry data for quality initiatives like The Joint Commission Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Knee Replacement (THKR) and payer incentive programs like the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Merit-based Incentive Payment Program (MIPS). We are a CMS-designated Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) and participation counts towards Promoting Interoperability (previously Meaningful Use) and the Quality Payment Program (QPP). Find a full list of data reuse opportunities here.
- Gain recognition for your facility in theAnnual Report and on the AAOS website.
- Ongoing learning and support:
- Free monthly AAOS Registry Program webinars
- Sharing ideas through the AAOS Registry Program User Group Network (Unet)
- Dissemination of Registry data through published supplements and Annual Report
- Stay current with regular communications through newsletters and the AAOS Registry Program Blog
Value That Ensures Trusted Sources
- Be confident about data integrity. The AAOS Registry Program performs a rigorous annual data audit process. This ensures that Registry Program data reports are valid and accurate.
- Work with leaders in the orthopaedic profession and members of the public. The AAOS Registry Program’s committees are comprised of leading orthopaedic surgeons, hospital representatives, device and payer executives, and representatives of the public.
- The AAOS American Joint Replacement Registry (AJRR) is a member of the International Society of Arthroplasty Registries (ISAR), and was selected to develop, house, and maintain an International Prostheses Library (IPL). The IPL will serve as a single source of medical device information for industry partners and ISAR member organizations worldwide.
One Platform. Unlimited Insights.
As the Registry portfolio grows, sites can participate in all anatomical registries under one contract and navigate across the harmonized registries within one platform, AAOS RegistryInsights®.
What you get with the AAOS RegistryInsights® Platform:
- Unlimited dashboard access to national comparison and benchmarking reports for procedural, post-operative, and PRO data
- Full access to use our patient-reported outcome measure (PROM) technology solution to administer and manage PRO surveys
- One all-access Authorized User for the AAOS RegistryInsights platform and the ability to add additional all-access users
- Data Submission User access and Authorized Surgeon User access for unlimited users
- Every surgeon at your site gets a separate login to Surgeon Dashboards. Surgeons can use the platform for performance improvement and quality initiatives. Because the AAOS Registry Program is approved by the ABOS, accessing Surgeon Dashboards may help count towards attaining up to 10 Self-Assessment Exam credits for ABOS’ MOC Part II.
- Your data is secure for your patients’ privacy. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and Heath Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) procedures are in place. The AAOS Registry Program employs additional steps to safeguard patient privacy and strengthen data security.
- Gain additional data intelligence with access to data insights from integrating your site data with disparate data sources. We currently receive quarterly updates of claims for Medicare-eligible patients and are participating in a feasibility pilot with private payers to establish similar data sharing opportunities for non-Medicare eligible patients.
- Receive custom reports created by our Analytics team to help understand and package your site data in an actionable format. These complimentary reports can include site-specific metrics or include information from our quarterly Medicare claims data.
- Comprehensive onboarding and training are provided by dedicated Registry Support Specialists that will help you become comfortable submitting live data files.
- Ongoing technical support is available for any questions a participant may have.