Diversity Advisory Board
Serve as resource to all AAOS bodies on issues involving diversity in the orthopaedic community and in the provision of culturally competent musculoskeletal care.
1. Comply with the Strategic Plan as adopted by the Board of Directors, and ensure that the organization-wide goals of unity and diversity are considered in all activities.
2. Assist the Council on Education in providing resources for AAOS members to assist them in providing culturally competent care to diverse populations.
3. Identify, develop and implement strategies to overcome barriers that minorities face when choosing orthopaedics as a career.
4. Administer and manage the AAOS Diversity Awards program.
5. Act as a resource on issues related to minorities in orthopaedics.
6. Act as a resource to Councils and Committees on issues of diversity and culturally competent musculoskeletal care. A member of the Diversity Advisory Board shall serve as a voting liaison member of the Council on Education, Council on Advocacy, Council on Research and Quality and Communications Cabinet.
7. Review all business plans to ensure that the issues of diversity and culturally competent care are appropriately addressed.
8. Report at least annually to the AAOS Board of Directors.
Reports to Board of Directors, but serves as a resource to all AAOS bodies.
Six (6) members
One (1) member representing the Gladden Orthopaedic Society
One (1) member representing the Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society
One (1) liaison to the Council on Advocacy
One (1) liaison to the Council on Education
One (1) liaison to the Council on Research and Quality
One (1) liaison to the Communications Cabinet
One (1) Resident
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)