Patient-Centered Care Project Team
Develop patient-centered care tools and resources for members and patients, and incorporate patient-centered care throughout the Academy.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Inventory, define and identify the status of AAOS programs, products and services that support patient-centered care.
3. Create the overall plan for developing a patient-centered culture in orthopaedics. Such a plan should include, but not be limited to:
Developing a working definition of orthopaedic patient-centered care
Defining the goals and scope of an AAOS patient-centered care initiative
4. Expand Your Orthopaedic Connection, increase production, and transfer its oversight to the Patient Education Committee.
5. Expand the Communications Mentors program, training 25 more mentors ,with a goal to present programs in all 150 residency programs and educate 25% of the AAOS membership in communications skills by 2008.
6. Produce materials that can be used by members in their offices to market the patient centered care concept.
7. Develop a Patient-Centered Care Attestation Statement to be signed by members as a pledge to practice PCC and to be displayed in orthopaedic offices.
Reports to the Council on Education
Eight (8) members
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; or until the project team's work is finished; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members, two (2) years; or until the project team's work is finished; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)