Committee Appointment Program Committee
Oversee the AAOS Committee Appointment Program (CAP), soliciting involvement of Fellows in the AAOS volunteer structure; recommend charges and appointments to various AAOS committees and councils to the Board of Directors; oversee evaluation of committee and council volunteers.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Establish procedures for council and committee organization that will assure effective and efficient utilization of the Fellow volunteer services.
3. Oversee the Committee Appointment Program (CAP), including volunteer solicitation, appointment and resignation processes for all councils and committees.
4. Determine whether or not new committees should be established or existing committees disbanded, through an annual review of each committee's charges.
5. Evaluate committees to assure continuing effective and efficient operations.
Reports to the Board of Directors
First Vice-President, Chair
Chair, Board of Councilors
Chair, Board of Specialty Societies
Ex-Officio: Chief Executive Officer
Ex-Officio: Council/Cabinet Chairs
Term of Office
For members one (1) year.
For Council/Cabinet Chairs, length of term in position as Chair.
Staff Liaison (title)