Oversee all aspects of the AAOS Professional Compliance Program, including expert witness issues. Conduct hearings on filed professional compliance grievances and develop recommendations for the Board of Directors.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Act consistent with Article V of the Association Bylaws.
3. Oversee the AAOS Professional Compliance Program, including expert witness issues.
4. Conduct objective, substantive review of all professional compliance complaints filed by AAOS Fellows and Members, and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
5. Review proposed Standards of Professionalism and develop recommendations for the Board of Directors and the Bylaws/Standards of Professionalism Oversight Committee.
Reports to the Board of Directors
Ten (10) Members - as needed for Grievance Activities
Term of Office
For Chair, two (2) years; eligible for multiple two-year reappointments with maximum term limit of ten years. For Members, two (2) years and eligible for multiple two-year reappointments with maximum term limit of ten years. In addition, the expectation is that members of the Committee on Professionalism will continue with a specific Respondent and complaint until the matter reaches a final disposition, even after the expiration of their term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Last updated: 1/8/2020