Serve as the appellate body for the AAOS Professional Compliance Program and make recommendations on professional compliance actions to the Board of Directors.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Act consistent with Article V of the Association Bylaws.
3. Perform secondary review of grievances and recommendations of the Committee on Professionalism Hearing Panel.
4. Review documents related to Fellows' failure to comply with the requirements for Fellowship or Membership as a result of limitations or restrictions of any right associated with the practice of medicine.
5. Develop written recommendations of professional compliance actions to be taken by the Board of Directors.
Reports to the Board of Directors.
Six (6) Members
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for multiple two-year reappointments with maximum term limit of ten years. For members, two (2) years and eligible for multiple two-year reappointments with maximum term limit of ten years. In addition, the expectation is that members of the Judiciary Committee will continue with a specific Respondent and complaint until the matter reaches a final disposition, even after the expiration of their term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Last updated: 1/8/2020