Manage and develop the Annual Meeting’s industry exhibits program to remain relevant and valuable to exhibitors, Academy Fellows and other meeting participants. Develop initiatives for meeting participant engagement with industry.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Develop the guidelines and priority system used to evaluate, select, and assign booth space for companies seeking to exhibit at the Annual Meeting, balancing the needs of the meeting attendees and the participating companies.
3. Develop new initiatives for engagement with industry including bioskills and other hands-on opportunities.
4. Identify ways to improve AAOS Annual Meeting attendees’ satisfaction through meaningful engagement with industry partners.
5. Review industry exhibits on-site for compliance with Academy regulations and serve as liaison to the companies that exhibit at the Annual Meeting.
6. Represent the Academy and provide information at the meetings of the Exhibitors' Advisory Council and the Exhibitors' Open Forum.
7. Provide activities in the exhibit hall, such as booths to distribute AAOS giveaways, complimentary beverage breaks, Ask an Expert and Technical Theater, in an effort to increase attendee awareness and traffic to the exhibit hall.
8. Assist companies in understanding the educational mission of the Annual Meeting, and in setting goals for the exhibits floor as a traffic driver for the meeting.
9. Assist companies in organizing and evaluating educational activities that will take place in the unopposed exhibit time.
10. Assist in development of innovative and new non-CME educational programs in the exhibit hall, including focus demonstrations that span all specialties and offer Annual Meeting attendees a high caliber hands-on experience. Work with industry leaders and vendors to develop programs and identify cutting-edge content for focus demonstrations.
11. Strive to maximize the number of exhibiting companies, as dictated by space.
Reports to the Annual Meeting Committee.
Ten (10) Members
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For chair-designee, one (1) year term
For members, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Last updated: 12/8/17