Research Development Committee
To promote orthopaedic research through advocacy, education, and recognition of excellence.
1. Align all activities to support execution and achievement of the mission, vision, goals, strategic objectives and metrics of the Strategic Plan and conduct all business in accordance with the Core Values as adopted by the Board of Directors.
2. Develop strong relationships with research funding organizations and advocacy groups. Advocate for musculoskeletal research funding on a federal level.
3. Initiate, supervise and summarize musculoskeletal research findings through annual research symposia and publications.
4. Create and oversee programs that encourage development of young orthopaedic investigators.
5. Promote and recognize excellence in musculoskeletal research by selecting Kappa Delta awardees and by increasing the visibility and impact of musculoskeletal research awards.
Reports to the Council on Research and Quality
Five (5) Members at Large
Two (2) ORS Representatives
One (1) OREF Representative
One (1) Consultant
One (1) Resident
Term of Office
For chair, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
For members-at-large, two (2) years; eligible for one (1) additional two (2) year term.
Staff Liaison (title)
Manager, Research Advocacy
Last Updated: 3/20/17